HOME BUYERS INFORMATION & PROGRAM LINKS
- Freddie Mac – Considering a Home
An excellent easy-to-understand guide to buying your first home.
- Credit Smart An online training course for anyone considering buying a home or currently owns a home.
- MassHousing: Help for Home Buyers
Information about how to buy a home, mortgage loans, mortgage insurance, homebuyer counseling, and other information for homebuyers.
- Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
The official government web site for the DHCD, which is in charge of homeownership, housing consumer education, economic development, public housing, rental assistance, and other affordable housing programs for the state.
- Means Testing: Census Bureau Median Family Income By Family Size
State median family income data by family size, for use in determining financial eligibility for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. From the U.S. Dept. of Justice.
- Soft Second Loan Program – MHP
A step-by-step guide to the Soft Second Loan Program, from the Massachusetts Housing Partnership Fund.
- Citizens Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA)
A non-profit statewide organization that provides information and assistance to homeowners, tenants, non-profit and for-profit developers, bankers, real estate brokers, property managers, government officials, and others.
- Habitat for Humanity International
Official web site of this international organization whose goal is to eliminate poverty housing. Includes links to local Habitat web sites, which give information for families who want to buy a Habitat home and for community members who want to volunteer for this program.
- Housing Consumer Education Centers
Description of services and contact information for the nine Housing Consumer Education Centers serving Massachusetts.
- HUD Data Sets
Data used in determining federal housing program eligibility and benefits, from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, including income limits.
- Let FHA Loans Help You
An official web site about federal mortgage insurance, purchase and rehab loans, reverse mortgages, and other FHA l